• Fussenegger Geschichte Turm2
    Fussenegger Geschichte Turm2

History

The textile industry in Vorarlberg has a long & successful history; as early as in the 17th Century the first textile processing plants were built. At the beginning of the 19th century, there was an unforeseen boom and Vorarlberg became the textile centre of Austria.

Exactly during this time, also J.M.FUSSENEGGER was established as a textile production plant. In 1824, the factory was first built; in 1846 Johann Michael Fussenegger took over the factory of his previous employer and since then the company is in the hands of the descendants and their family members. The product range today includes fashion fabrics, curtain and upholstery fabrics, bed and table linen and contract processing. Creative employees, supported through modern technology, made ​​ Fussenegger one of the largest textile producers in Austria.

Historical events, such as globalization, made ​​it necessary to make structural changes along the way. Some important markets were lost, so that the company developed in the course of time from a pure contract finisher to a combination of production and branding.

Due to the changed market situation, entering strategic collaborations and partnerships, as well as the focus on promising market niches and core competencies, office and production areas became available at the Fussenegger Sites, which are part of an optimal and successful reuse.